The Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal recently dubbed Woodbury as "healthcare's new favorite suburb," adding, "Healthcare providers, particularly specialty groups, have flocked to Woodbury recently."
Building from the momentum of Woodbury's medical campus district, which includes the nationally recognized Woodwinds Health Campus, the city is home to more than 190 healthcare-related businesses that encompass over a million square feet of development.
Woodbury has become known as a healthcare destination. Recent and planned additions to the city's healthcare sector include:
- New Tria Orthopaedics at CityPlace
- New Twin Cities Orthopedics at Bielenberg Gardens
- New Minnesota Eye Consultants at Tamarack Road and I-494
- New Summit Orthopedics at Bielenberg Sports Center
- New Children's Hospitals and Clinics at Tamarack Hills
- New Central Pediatrics Clinic and M-Health Pediatric Specialty Clinic
- New HealthEast Clinics, both on and off campus
A thriving healthcare sector is important to Woodbury, not just for the services that it provides our residents, but also for the jobs that it creates. According to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development there are over 4,800 jobs in Woodbury in the healthcare sector, which is approximately one in five jobs in Woodbury. As the city continues to grow and attract families, the healthcare sector will continue to be an important part of our economic development strategy.