The first Wednesday of every month, the civil defense sirens are tested to make sure they are operating correctly. The purpose of the siren is to notify the public of any inclement weather or emergency situations.
Volunteers are needed to test the eleven sirens within city limits. Each siren requires approximately 15 to 30 minutes to test on the first Wednesday of each month at 1 p.m. with the exception of November through February. Volunteers listen for the siren to sound at the appropriate testing time and contact Woodbury Police Department dispatchers at (651) 714-3600 with test results.
- 6769 Upper Afton Road (water tank)
- Public Works Building, 2300 Tower Drive
- 3351 Woodlane Drive
- 5140 Woodlane Drive
- Evergreen East Park on Radio Drive
- 1642 Regatta Drive
- 3104 Woodbury Drive
- Pioneer Drive at Springwood Drive
- 9787 Hudson Road
- Windmill Farm Curve (Redwood Curve and Windmill Farm Curve)
- Vermillion and Cottage Grove Drive
- Brookview Road near Settlers Ridge Parkway
- Radio Drive south of Hargis Parkway
- Woodbury Drive and Dale Road