top bg

Parks and Places

Open park land in WoodburyWoodbury's parks, trails and open space system is an important element in the quality of life for its residents. Not only does it offer residents important recreational opportunities, it preserves and makes accessible unique natural resources that give the community its identity. Lakes, woodlands, open fields, wetlands, and waterways are features that draw people to live in this community.

Within its present growth boundaries, Woodbury has a well-developed park and recreational system that includes many quality recreational facilities, a citywide network of trails, inclusive recreational programs, and an active open space preservation program. The system consists of approximately 3,290 acres of city owned property, 140 miles of trails, 63 athletic fields, 38 play structures, 48 court facilities, 40 neighborhood parks, five major open space sites, five community parks and over 25 miscellaneous park buildings.

A 2017 Community Survey indicated 90 percent of the households felt the existing park and recreational facilities were excellent or good with the remaining 10 percent rating the facilities as fair.