Park Maintenance Projects
Colby Lake Park Hockey Rink Replacement
The current rink at Colby Lake Park has served the community for many years, but the rink surface, lights, and dasher boards are in need of replacement.
We are committed to ensuring that the new rink is a valuable addition to the neighborhood and park system as a whole. With that in mind, the new rink will be constructed to allow pickleball play during warm weather months, making it useful year round.
The project will take place in 2023 and will include:
- Hockey rink replacement
- Hockey rink light replacement
- Five pickle ball courts (stripes and nets) installed inside the new hockey rink
- Site restoration
Powers Lake Restroom Updates
The restrooms at Powers Lake Park will be updated in Spring 2023. The project will include new toilet fixtures, sinks, hand dryers, lights, water heater, toilet partitions, and painting (inside and out).
We expect the improvements to be completed by the end of May. The shelter will not be accessible to the public May 8-19 due to outdoor painting activities.
- The tennis and basketball courts at Lakeview Knolls and the tennis courts at Wedgewood Park will be reconstructed including removal and replacement of the existing nets, fences, basketball standards and asphalt. This work is not yet scheduled but will likely take place mid-to late summer.
- The courts at Brookview, Wedgewood Heights, Fox Run and Shawnee Parks will have the color completely striped, cracks filled and be repainted. This work will likely take place mid-to late summer.
- The remaining courts throughout Woodbury will be crack filled, with only the repairs getting repainted. These courts will be temporarily unavailable while the materials dry. This work will likely take place mid-to late summer.
Questions about court projects can be directed to Assistant Parks Manager Amy Howard at 651-414-3486 or send an email.
Looking for another court to play at during construction? Use the online Parks and Amenities map to find one!