The City Clerk's Division issues licenses as required by the City Code. For your convenience, several license applications are available on this page. Trash hauler and mobile vendor licensing information can be obtained by contacting the City Clerk's Office.

Visit the Washington County Services and License Centers website for Minnesota vehicle titles, license plates and driver's licenses.

For questions regarding licensure requirements of residential properties, visit the Rental Licenses page.


The City of Woodbury does not license businesses. However, businesses must meet the city's zoning requirements.

Building Permits

Building Permits are required for many residential and commercial projects. For information on building permits, visit the Building Permits page, or contact Inspections Division.

Public Safety Permits

Some permits are issued by the Public Safety Department. Please contact the Public Safety Department for more information about solicitors/peddlers, acquiring a hand gun, carrying a hand gun, and hunting and shooting permits,