The purpose of the 2023 Trail Improvement Projects is to expand the existing trail network coverage and connectivity within the city's multi-use, off-street trail system. The city's comprehensive plan identifies the city's objective to provide multi-use trails on both sides of major roadways. Construction of the proposed trail segment will achieve this objective and enhance the safety, mobility and connectivity for bike and pedestrian users.
Trail Reconstruction or Additions
- Wimbledon Drive near Pioneer Park (reconstruction)
- Evergreen West Park near the park building (reconstruction)
- Lake Road on either side of the I-494 overpass (reconstruction)
- Powers Lake trail loop on the south side of the lake (reconstruction)
- Hudson Road near Woodduck Drive (reconstruction in conjunction with the roadway rehabilitation project in the area)
- New trails added along Woodduck Drive and Landau Drive (reconstruction in conjunction with the roadway rehabilitation project in the area)
- New trails added along Rivertown Drive and Hudson Road (in conjunction with Woodbury Drive Improvement Project)
- New trails added along Karen Drive, Hudson Road and Settler's Ridge Parkway (in conjunction with Woodbury Drive Improvement Project)
- New trails added along Woodbury Drive and Dale Road (in conjunction with Woodbury Drive/Dale Road Improvement Project)
- Lots of new trails in Briarcroft, Compass Point, Oak Hill, Spancil Hill and North Bluffs developments (new development additions)
- Replacement of the existing trails at the east and west ends of Cobblestone Park and construction of a new trail connecting the swing set area to the playground.