Water Meters

There are occasions when Woodbury utility personnel need to gain access to homes. The most common occurrence is for the repair or replacement of water meters.

Utility personnel should identify themselves and state the reason why they need to gain access. They should be driving a city vehicle and have a picture I.D. in their possession. This I.D. will be presented to any resident who requests to see it.

The city is responsible for the repair of the water meter in your home if it is not caused by the negligence of the homeowner. If you have a meter that is leaking or not functioning properly, contact Public Works. Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment for the repair of the meter. Outside of business hours, emergencies can be reported by calling the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 651-439-9381. The Sheriff's Department will contact one of the city's public works employees to resolve the problem.

Checking for Leaks