Woodbury City Hall is open to the public
The Inspection Services Department is conducting as much business as possible through non-contact, digital options.
Please give us a call if you have any questions, as our procedures may have changed.
The Inspection Services Division is responsible for the application and enforcement of building codes and related ordinances regulating construction, alterations, and the use of buildings within the city.
2020 MN State Building Codes
Building codes currently in effect for Woodbury MN, or taking effect on or after March 31, 2020:
- 2015 MN Plumbing Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2020 MN Fire Code
- 2020 MN Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code
- 2020 MN Residential Energy Code
- 2020 MN State Building Code
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the current building codes.
What Time Do Inspections Take Place?
- Morning inspections are typically a window between 9:30 and 11:30 am; call by 9 am
- Afternoon inspections are typically a window between 1:30 and 3:30 pm; call by 1 pm
- Inspections are conducted on-site, or virtually via FaceTime or Google Duo
- Electrical inspections shall be called in by 9 am for a same-day inspection
- Electrical inspections are typically a window between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm
- Electric inspections are conducted on-site
Effective June 1, 2017, electrical inspections are required on all siding jobs. View the MN Department of Labor and Industry's Electrical Licensing and Inspection Requirements Applicable to Residential Siding Replacement Work Guide (PDF) for more information regarding electrical inspections and siding projects.