- Registration Process
- Cancellation Policy
- Program Scholarships
- All are Welcome
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Photo Policy
- Data Privacy Advisory
- Pre-registration is required for all programs unless otherwise listed. Registrations are not accepted at program sites unless stated. Programs have maximums and minimums, we encourage you to register early for programs and events to assure your spot.
- If the class you want to register for is full, you can register for the wait-list. There is no fee for a wait-list registration and no commitment. We will contact you if we can accommodate the waitlist.
- You can register for our programs online, in person, or over the phone. We accept cash, check, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for payment.
- A $30 fee charge will be charged for all checks returned due to insufficient funds, account closed, or no account.
- Please follow the Event Calendar Instructions (PDF) to export items from RecTrac (the registration software) to your personal calendar.
- If registration or weather is insufficient, a program might be canceled. If a program is canceled, we will contact you and provide other opportunities or a refund for the program fee, unless otherwise noted.
- Participant requests for transfers or cancellations must be done ten business days before the start of the originally registered program.
- Participants may cancel a registration at least ten business days before the start of the class. You will receive a refund, minus a $5 administrative fee per program, per person, for programs with a fee of $74.99 and under; a $10 administrative fee per program for programs with a fee of $75 to $149.99; and a $15 administrative fee for programs with a fee of $150 or above. Programs with fees of $10 or less will not qualify for a refund. Cancellations nine business days or less, before the start of the registered program, will not be eligible for refunds, transfers to alternate programs, or program credits.
- Refunds, credits, or prorating will not be issued once a program has started.
- Facility cancellation notice provided forty-five consecutive days before the date of the reservation will result in a full refund of the damage deposit and the facility fee, minus the fifteen percent cancellation fee imposed on the cancellation. Facility cancellations made less than forty-five (45) consecutive days before the date of the reservation will result in a full refund of the damage deposit, but no facility fee will be refunded. If the facility reservation was made six months before the facility usage date, any refund will be in the form of a check issued through the City of Woodbury's Finance Division.
The City of Woodbury has a scholarship program to assist Woodbury residents with financial needs relating to recreation programs. Program scholarships are available to current Woodbury residents who are eligible for the school district's free or reduced lunches or meet income limitations. Scholarships for recreation programs are available for programs with a fee of $11 or more (some programs excluded). There is a $150 annual limit of scholarship dollars for each eligible applicant. A completed program scholarship application and a copy of the eligibility letter, issued by the school district for free or reduced lunches, are required.
If an applicant is not eligible under the free or reduced lunch guidelines used by the school district or is not of school age, the applicant will be required to provide a copy of their last federal filed tax return along with a completed application. The same income and household guidelines used to determine eligibility for free and reduced lunches will be followed to determine eligibility for program scholarships.
To apply for the current year's program, complete the program scholarship application, along with supporting document(s): eligibility letter for free and reduced lunch or last filed Federal tax return, and forward it to the City of Woodbury, Parks, and Recreation Department, via email or mail to 8301 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury, Minnesota 55125. If preferred, applicants may contact the Recreation Department for an application to be mailed.
All recreational programs offered by the city are open to everyone in the community. If you are interested in participating and have special needs or support services; we ask you to notify us at least two weeks in advance of the program start date so we can create a successful environment for you.
The City of Woodbury Parks and Recreation Department guarantees you will be satisfied with recreation classes, programs, or events in which you participate. If you are not completely satisfied with our service, we would like to know. We will listen to your concerns and do our very best to correct the issue or ease the concern. Our department is committed to excellence. Your suggestions and comments are valued and welcomed.
The City of Woodbury reserves the right and may permit the media, to photograph classes, programs, and participants at any of our facilities, properties, or any sponsored activity. These photos are used for promotional purposes and may be used on all forms of communications the city utilizes. If you see City of Woodbury staff taking photos and you wish not to be photographed, please inform us.
Under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, you are entitled to know the following about the information which the City of Woodbury collects from you:
- The following information about individuals who are enrolled in a City of Woodbury Parks and Recreation Department program is classified as private data: name, address, telephone number; other data that identify the individual; data that describe the individual's health or medical condition, family relationship, or living arrangements and opinions about the individual's emotional makeup or behavior.
- The information you provide to the City of Woodbury is used to process your registration request to determine City of Woodbury staff, facilities and equipment needs, and to assist coaches/ supervisors in notifying participants of scheduling changes.
- Participation in any recreational program or activity is voluntary, and you are not legally required to provide the information requested. However, if you fail to provide the information, you will not be allowed to participate in the activity or program.
- The information you provide will be made available to staff in the Parks and Recreation Department, the City of Woodbury's insurer and attorney, and the coach, supervisor, or instructor of the activity, who may be a City of Woodbury employee, contractor or volunteer.