From performances to races to mini carnivals and big trucks-Woodbury's Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of special events throughout the year.
Upcoming Special Events
- Cookies & Crafts with Santa
- New Year's Eve Matinee
- New Year's Eve Family Celebration
- Central Bark Pet Expo
- Playground Egg Hunts
- Bonfire, Build, Bows and Bait
- Performances in the Park
This event is full. No additional registrations will be accepted.
Santa will be taking a break from making toys and wants you to join him and a few of his helpers in decorating cookies, making a fun holiday craft and taking pictures. Bring your own camera and a great big smile for Santa!
- Recommended ages 2 and up with an adult
- $10 per child (only children need to register)
- Eagle Valley Golf Course Banquet Room
- Saturday, Dec. 4
- 9, 10, 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. sessions available.
A celebration to ring in the New Year just for little ones! The sports center's field house will be filled with inflatables to bounce, run and climb in, obstacle courses, picture bingo to play for prizes, crafts, and more! The countdown to the "New Year" will take place at 3:45 p.m.
- Recommended ages 3-7 (an adult must accompany children)
- $10 per child if pre-registered (only children need to register)
- $12 at the door if available
- HealthEast Sports Center
- Friday, Dec. 31
- 2-4 pm.
Thank you to The Goddard School for the financial sponsorship of the New Year's Eve Matinee!
It's the party of the year! The sports center will be filled with fun inflatables, huge moonwalks, obstacle courses, bingo, ice skating, music, crafts a photo booth and so much more to make this evening a fun night for all! Door prize drawings will be held at 8:30 pm followed by the big countdown to 2022. Tickets must be purchased for all attendees age 3 and older.
- Recommended for families with children under 12
- $10 per person if pre-registered
- $12 at the door if available (please note, this event typically sells out by December 30. We strongly encourage pre-registration).
- HealthEast Sports Center
- Friday, Dec. 31
- 6 to 9 p.m.
Puppies, kitties, and birdies, oh my! Join us for the Central Bark Pet Expo and visit with local pet businesses and enthusiasts. Attendees will be able to meet with a variety of organizations and learn more about local pet opportunities.
- Please note: For safety reasons, no personal pets will be allowed at this event.
- Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022
- 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Event is free to the public
- Central Park, 8595 Central Park Place, Upper Level Plaza
- Interested vendors should email Jennifer Anderson or call 651-714-3586 for more information
A special egg hunt just for the littlest ones! Bring your own basket or bag and find the eggs hidden around the playground! During each session, participants will join in an egg hunt on the playground, photos with the spring bunny and a spring-themed craft. Please arrive promptly at your start time and bring your own camera for a photo with the bunny.
Ojibway Park playground is exclusively reserved for this event on Saturday, April 9, from 9:20 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Recommended for ages 1-6 with an adult participating
- $6 pre-registered (only children need to register)
- $10 at the event, is available
- Ojibway Park, playground
- Saturday, April 9
- Multiple sessions available between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Venture out of your normal Saturday for an afternoon at Carver Lake Park! Participants will learn the basic skills of archery, unleashing their new skills with real and NERF™ bows; tackle the skill of fishing; build a cool LEGO® item to bring home; and finish up the day with s’mores by the bonfire.
- Recommended for ages 4-12 with a participating adult
- $15 (only children need to register)
- Carver Lake Park Shelter
- Saturday, May 21
- 1, 2, and 3 p.m. sessions available
Performances are held in the indoor amphitheater at Woodbury Central Park, 8595 Central Park Place. All performances are family-friendly and free.
|Dec. 19||2 p.m.||Nancy Olson||Holiday Folk Music|
|Jan. 16, 2022||2 p.m.||The Capri Big Band||Swing Music|
|Jan. 25, 2022||6:30 p.m.||Roseville Big Band||Big Band Music|
|Feb. 27, 2022||2 p.m.||Dirty Shorts Brass Band||Big Band Jazz Music|
|March 27, 2022||2 p.m.||Matt Hannah||Folk Music|
|April 24, 2022||2 p.m.||ForEver Young||Swing, Jazz and Rock Music|
|May 1, 2022||2 p.m.||Classic Brass Quartet||Classical Music|