- City Services
- Special Events
- Seasonal Events
Winter Seasonal Events
- Cookies and Crafts with Santa: Santa takes a break from making toys to join the youth of Woodbury in decorating cookies, making a fun holiday craft, and taking pictures. This event takes place on the first Saturday morning in December.
- New Year's Eve Matinee: A celebration to ring in the New Year just for little ones. Inflatables to bounce in, obstacle courses, picture bingo, crafts and more. Geared towards ages 3-7.
- Family New Year's Eve Celebration: The HealthEast Sports Center will be filled with fun inflatables, obstacle courses, bingo, ice skating, music and so much more to make this evening a fun night for all! Geared towards families with children under 12.
- Woodbury's Winter Medallion Hunt: Coin Quest: A three-week-long medallion hunt in Woodbury Parks. Clues, prizes, and a non-profit donation! This event takes place in January and February.
- Central Bark Pet Expo: A pet expo where attendees can visit with local pet businesses and enthusiasts. This event takes place in February at Central Park.
Spring Seasonal Events
- Playground Egg Hunts: An egg hunt on the playground, spring craft and a visit from the bunny. Egg hunts take place two Saturdays before the Easter holiday.
- Bonfire, Bike, Bows, and Bait: Learn the basic skills of archery, with real and NERF bows, tackle the skill of fishing, and make s'mores at the bonfire. Plus, hit the trails at the Carver Lake Pike Park. This event takes place on a Saturday afternoon in May.
Summer Seasonal Events
- Puppet Wagon: The Puppet Wagon travels around Woodbury neighborhoods and parks performing puppet shows filled with music and silly puppets! Performances are about 6 minutes.
- Kids Mud Run: Climb, crawl, slide and run your way through muddy and wet obstacles! This three-fourth of a mile course is sure to get you messy! This event takes place on a Saturday morning in late May or early June.
- Carver Lake Campout: A camp out right in town! The evening includes numerous activities to participate in throughout the evening and the following morning. This event typically takes place on the last Friday in June.
- 4th of July Hometown Celebration: Celebrate the 4th of July at Woodbury's annual Hometown Celebration. The festivities include a band, inflatables, food trucks and fireworks.
- Coin Carnival: A penny carnival event with games and prizes, a bounce house, temporary tattoos, crazy hair, Puppet Wagon shows and lunch. This event takes place on a Friday in July. Tickets sold day of the event on site.
- Kids Duathlon: Bike and run to test your endurance in a duathlon! Youth bike two miles and run one mile along Woodbury trails. This event typically takes place on a Saturday morning in July.
- Tiny Tot Triathlon: A triathlon set up just for our tinniest triathletes! Participants bike on their own riding item; run, splash into the splash pad and end with dash to the finish line. This event takes place on the first Saturday morning of August.
- Zombie Apocalypse Chase: A thrilling and exhausting game of tag where participants try to collect the plutonium rocks hidden in the park without being tagged by one of the mad scientists. This event typically takes place on a Thursday evening in August.
- Starlight Cinema Outdoor Movie Nights: An epic outdoor movie series, featured on a two-story inflatable screen with stadium speakers! This event takes place on various Thursday evenings.
- Story Time at the Park: Washington County Library and Woodbury Recreation team up for story time outside! Each story time will include three or four stories, songs, rhymes and finger-plays. Story time lasts roughly 30 minutes and is held on Friday mornings at 10 a.m.
Fall Seasonal Events
- Big Truck Day: The Central Park parking lot is filled with the coolest vehicles around for youth to explore the insides and outsides. This event takes place on the last Saturday in September.
- Halloween Hoopla: Come dressed in your best costume for an afternoon of family fun with "Trunk or Treating", searching for and decorating mini pumpkins, crafts, photo booth, and cookies and cider. Those who come in costume might win prizes from our secret judge! This event typically takes place the Saturday afternoon before Halloween.