Building Permits - Residential
Woodbury uses a combination permit. Separate permits will only be required on jobs where there is no related combination Building Permit. Building Permits are required for many building projects, including:
- Finished basement
- New construction
- Structural changes
- Window replacement
Contractors must have a current state license on file with the city. If MN licensed residential contractor, remodeler or roofer and not lead certified and the dwelling was built before 1978, complete the Lead Supplement Form (PDF).
For more information, visit the General Permit Information page or contact Inspection Services.
Non-Contact / Digital Permitting
Inspections Services is conducting as much business as possible through non-contact, digital options:
- Residential Applications (PDF) shall be submitted through our Online Permitting Portal
- Electric Permits (PDF) shall be submitted via email or postal mail
New Residential Home Construction Requirements
Please review the following documents for required New Residential Home Construction submittal information:
- Residential Building Permit Application - New Home Construction (PDF)
- Residential Building Permit Minimum Plan Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Building Permit Survey Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Permit Fee Schedule (DOCX)
Addition, Remodel, Porch & Basement Permits
Complete the Permit Application Form (PDF). Submit the required application, one copy of the proposed plan, and a detailed scope of the project.
- For basement finish permits; complete the Basement Supplement Form (PDF)
- For porch and deck permits; complete the Deck Supplement Form (PDF)
- For addition, porch and deck permits, a site plan is required; see the deck supplement for examples