- City Services
- 2040 Comprehensive Plan
2040 Comprehensive Plan
All cities and counties within the seven-county metropolitan area are required to adopt a document called a comprehensive plan indicating the programs, physical improvements, and development strategies that would be implemented to comply with the regional plan adopted by the Metropolitan Council. The City of Woodbury adopted its first Comprehensive Plan in 1982 and adopted its current 2040 Comprehensive Plan in August 2019.
The 2040 Comprehensive Plan includes policies, goals, and calculations of land use needs for the city based upon growth projections for population, households, and employment. The 2040 Comprehensive Plan identifies the general areas in the community where commercial, residential, industrial, and open space land uses will be allowed and provides plans, objectives, and policies indicating how the growth areas will be provided with city services including roads, sewer, and water utilities, and parks and open spaces. The 2040 Comprehensive Plan provides a vision and approach for the future growth and development of the city's parks and public spaces.
You can peruse the full 2040 Comprehensive Plan (PDF) or view the plan by chapter.
View the Plan by Chapter
- Chapter 1: Purpose and Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2: Community Context (PDF)
- Chapter 3: Vision and Guiding Principles (PDF)
- Chapter 4: Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 5: Housing (PDF)
- Chapter 6: Economic Development (PDF)
- Chapter 7: Transportation (PDF)
- Chapter 8: Parks, Recreation and Open Space (PDF)
- Chapter 9: Natural Resources (PDF)
- Chapter 10: Sanitary Sewer (PDF)
- Chapter 11: Water Supply (PDF)
- Chapter 12: Surface Water (PDF)
- Chapter 13: Implementation (PDF)
For questions regarding the Comprehensive Plan contact the Community Development Department at [email protected]