Animal Control

The Police Department staff includes Community Service Officers responsible for control of domestic animals and pets. A city ordinance forbids allowing dogs, cats or other domestic animals to run at large beyond the land limits of the owner. This means that pets must be leashed and under your control when off of your property. Also, owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.

Complaints - Domestic Animals

Call 651-439-9381 to register a complaint with the animal control officer.

Complaints - Non-Domestic Animals

Wildlife are a natural occurrence and the Woodbury Police Department responds if the animal is an immediate threat to safety. If you need assistance with wildlife removal please visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources website for more information or contact a local wildlife removal service.


Licenses are required in Woodbury for all dogs six months and older. Sometimes dogs wander or become lost. The license tag helps animal control officers locate the owner. Visit the Dog License page for more information.

Lost Pets

If an owner cannot be identified or located, the Woodbury Police Department will transport the lost pet to the Animal Humane Society at 9785 Hudson Road. For contact information and hours of service, visit the Humane Society website.

For More Information

More information about animal ordinances can be found in Chapter 5 of the City Code. For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the Police Department at 651-714-3600 or by email.