Metro Transit and First Transit provide express bus service to downtown St. Paul and downtown Minneapolis from Woodbury on weekdays. From downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis, connections may be made with other routes traveling to the University of Minnesota, Mall of America, and the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.
Traveling between transit systems is easy because a regional fare and transfer policy is used by all systems. Fares are based on time of day and type of service, with special fares for seniors, youth and persons with disabilities. Fare boxes accept both coins and dollar bills, but do not give change.
Transit Link service, formerly dial-a-ride, also is an option in the seven-county metropolitan area where regular route transit service is not available. Transit Link is a shared-ride minibus or van service connecting with regular route buses, where possible. Transit Link rides must be reserved in advance by calling 651-602-5465 (651-602-LINK). To assure Transit Link service does not duplicate regular route service, each trip will be evaluated for eligibility.
Visit the Transit Link website for fares, schedules, and service area maps.
Express Bus Service to Downtown St. Paul & Minneapolis
- Route 351 provides weekday rush hour express service to downtown St. Paul. Buses leave Woodbury from the Woodbury Park-and-Ride on Afton Road east of Queens Drive.
- Route 353 provides weekday rush hour express service to downtown Minneapolis via downtown St. Paul. Buses leave from the Woodbury Park-and-Ride on Afton Road east of Queens Drive and the Woodbury Theater Park-and-Ride in Woodbury Village.
- Route 355 provides weekday rush hour express service to downtown Minneapolis. Trips originate approximately every 10 minutes from the Woodbury Theater Park-and-Ride in Woodbury Village.
- Route 375 provides weekday rush hour express service to downtown Minneapolis, with service originating from the park-and-ride lot at Guardian Angels Church in Oakdale, just north of I-94 off Inwood Avenue/Radio Drive.
- Other options include route 350, which provides limited stop service between southern Maplewood and downtown St. Paul, terminating on Century Avenue and Lake Road at Woodbury's western border. In addition, route 70 offers several trips daily that terminate at the Ramsey County Correctional facility on Century Avenue, along Woodbury's western border.
For schedule and fare information, call 612-373-3333 and talk to a transit representative or visit Metro Transit online. Automated schedule information is available 24 hours a day by calling 612-341-4287 (612-341-4BUS).
Reverse Commute Service
Route 351 provides express service from downtown St. Paul to the Woodbury Park and Ride on Afton Road in the morning with return trips to downtown St. Paul in late afternoon.
Route Maps & Schedules
Information about transit service in Woodbury, including route maps and schedules, is available at Woodbury City Hall and the Transit Store in downtown St. Paul. Questions can be directed to the Transit Information Center at 612-373-3333.
Visit Metro Transit online for riding tips, fare information, maps and schedules for all regional routes.