Within the city, traffic signals are generally owned by the City, Washington County, or the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). The following rules are generally true, but there are exceptions:
- Signals at interchange ramps and loops are owned by MnDOT.
- Signals at all intersections involving at least one state road (e.g. Manning Avenue) are owned by MnDOT.
- Signals at intersections involving a county road are owned by the county.
- Signals at intersections that only include city roads are owned by the city.
To report a signal malfunction, contact the highway department responsible for the signals:
- For city signals, contact the City of Woodbury Public Works Department at 651-714-3720.
- For signals on state highways in Woodbury, contact MnDOT at 651-234-7500.
- For signals on Washington County roads (Radio Drive, Woodbury Drive, Valley Creek Road, Century Avenue and Military Road) call Washington County Public Works at 651-430-4300.
- In an emergency, dial 911.