The Woodbury Emergency Medical Services Academy is a free program offered to community members. Over the course of four weeks, this program will promote exposure of the field of EMS to people that may not traditionally have the opportunity to experience the field.
The EMS Academy will be highly interactive, here are a few examples of the content to be covered:
- An overview of Woodbury Public Safety Department.
- Training in Hands-Only CPR and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) use.
- Modern Paramedic skills and training methods.
- Hands-on displays and demos of ambulance and special response equipment.
- Trends in paramedicine practices.
- The different components of the Woodbury Public Safety EMS System.
WHO: Anyone 17 years and older who wishes to learn about the field of Public Safety with an emphasis on EMS.
WHEN: Registration is currently closed. Future session dates to be determined.
For more information or to be notified about future sessions of the Woodbury EMS Academy, please fill out the information below.