Updated Jan. 5: The hockey and pleasure rinks at Ojibway, Colby Lake, Shawnee and Kargel Parks are now open!
Warming houses will not be open due to the pandemic. Benches will be placed near the rink for users. New user-controlled rink lights have been installed at each rink and may be used from 4:30-10 p.m.
For daily updates on outdoor rinks and ice conditions, please call the Parks and Recreation weather line at 651-714-3569.
HealthEast Sports Center Outdoor Rink
The outdoor refrigerated skating rink at HealthEast Sports Center is now open.
The outdoor rink at HealthEast Sports Center will be open from noon to 8 p.m. daily. Ice maintenance and weather conditions may alter this schedule. Hockey sticks and pucks are prohibited. Skate rental is not currently available. There will be no access to the rink through the facility, and skaters may not enter the building. Skaters can access the rink and parking lot on the the east side of the facility. Benches will be placed near the rink for users.
General Outdoor Rink Guidelines
- Patrons skate at their own risk and within their comfort zone. When the rink is busy, consider skating at another location or at a different time.
- Use of the outdoor skating rinks is self-monitored. Please be mindful of your time on the rinks so everyone can enjoy skating.
- Organized practices and games are not currently allowed. Future use of this nature requires a facility use permit issued by the city.
- Skaters must maintain a 6-foot distance from other non-household members to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Do not visit public places if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Portable bathrooms are available.
Public Skating/Hockey Rinks Locations
The outdoor skating rinks will close during extreme weather.
Note: It is illegal to drive or park on park paths without proper authorization.
Colby Lake Park, 9715 Valley Creek Road
Kargel Park, 9301 Tamarack Road
Ojibway Park, 2695 Ojibway Drive
Shawnee Park, 6515 Scheel Drive
HealthEast Sports Center Outdoor Rink, 4125 Radio Drive
Rink Reservation Policy
Rink reservations are not currently being taken.