There is an administrative charge of $6 per quarter. The following rates are based on an incremental tier structure:
- Tier 1 - $1.60 per thousand gallons from 1,000 to 25,000 gallons
- Tier 2 - $2.60 per thousand gallons from 25,001 to 50,000 gallons
- Tier 3 - $3.60 per thousand gallons from 50,001 to 75,000 gallons
- Tier 4 - $4.60 per thousand gallons from 75,001 to 100,000 gallons
Tier 5 - $5.60 per thousand gallons for usage exceeding 100,000 gallons
The city bills for sanitary sewer based on the winter quarter water consumption because this should be the lowest quarter of use. The city bills one-third of its residents each month; winter quarter is not the same three-month period for everyone.
City Sanitary Sewer
- $29.25 per quarter for all residential accounts
This is a charge attributable to sanitary sewer flow generated by the City of Woodbury and billed to the city by MCES.
- $25.18 minimum charge per quarter for the first 8,000 gallons used
- $3.35 per thousand gallons for usage exceeding 8,000 gallons
Approximately 62 percent of the budget for sanitary sewer service is for payment of fees to the MCES which is responsible for sanitary sewer treatment in the seven county metro area. The city has no control over the budget or the rates established by the MCES. For more information regarding the MCES charges, please refer to the Metropolitan Council website.Storm Water Rates
This fee was established for the planning and maintenance of storm water holding ponds, ditches and various storm water runoff projects, as well as the administration of the city's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System MS4 permit program. The following quarterly stormwater rates are:
- $20.50 per quarter for all single-family homes/duplexes/twin homes
$16.40 per quarter for all townhomes (more than two units) and condos
Rates charged by Xcel Energy are passed on to residents. Xcel Energy installs, owns and is responsible for maintenance of the lights. Since not all developments have street lights, the cost is not included in the property tax levy, but is charged to those residential developments with lights. The rates are based on fees charged by Xcel Energy and the depreciation expense on the lights.
Minnesota Test Fee
This fee was established by the State of Minnesota and is collected for each connection to a municipal water utility. The state uses the funds to monitor and test drinking water quality. The fee is $2.43 per quarter.
Back to top