City utility bills include charges for water usage, sanitary sewer, street lighting services, stormwater management and state water testing. These city services are not supported by property taxes. The amount paid through your utility bill covers the cost of providing these services, improvements to the systems, and general system repairs and maintenance.
Utility Bill Account
For new set up of utility service or changes to your utility service account, contact the Finance Department by email email@example.com or call Utility Billing at (651) 714-3508. Questions concerning your utility bill and payment can also be addressed by contacting the Finance Department.
If you have questions concerning your water service, water meters, or your sanitary sewer service, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Public Works at (651) 714-3720.
If you have questions concerning street lights, call Xcel Energy at (800) 960-6235.
If you have questions concerning stormwater, email email@example.com or call Public Works at (651) 714-3720.
Now available: new and improved utility bill pay service
City of Woodbury Utility Billing is proud to offer more convenient payment options through a new electronic billing and payment service. The new service allows customers to:
- View their utility bills online anytime
- Pay online with credit/debit card or e-check
- Pay by phone anytime
- Pay by text - sign up to receive text notifications and make a payment by text with a default payment method
- Go paperless and receive bills via email
- Get email reminders when payment is due
- Set up automatic payments so you never miss a payment