How it works
- Call your trash hauler. To take advantage of this offer, you MUST contact your trash hauler to schedule a pick-up by Wednesday, May 1. No exceptions. See a list of trash haulers and phone numbers for licensed haulers in the city.
- Pick-up will take place on a designated day during the week of May 13-16. Items must be at the curb by 6 a.m. More details will be provided when you call your hauler.
- Fees for the disposed items will be charged by your hauler. Your hauler may require payment in advance.
- Major appliances - $15: Commercial-sized appliances will not be accepted. Accepted items include hot water heaters, washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators (no gas ammonia refrigerators), microwaves, freezers, dishwashers, residential furnaces, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, garbage disposals, water softeners, and window air conditioners.
- Tires - $4: Tires from bikes/inner tubes, cars, motorcycles, and light trucks will be accepted. Contact your hauler for a quote for larger tires.
- Scrap Metal - free: All wood, plastic, rubber and other non-metal items must be removed. All fluids must be drained and plastic/rubber wheels must be removed from lawn mowers and snow blowers. Non-metal items, including propane tanks, must be removed from grills. Propane tanks are accepted at the Washington County Environmental Center.
The following items will not be accepted: household and hazardous waste, electronics, household items, carpeting, outdoor furniture, vacuum cleaners, wood, construction/demolition waste, yard waste, glass and mirrors. For information on how to dispose of these items, view the Washington County Disposal Guide.
No scavenging, please!
It is unlawful for any person or business to scavenge or otherwise collect garbage, other refuse, recyclables, white goods, or yard
waste at the curb or from recycling containers without a license.
If you see someone tampering with and/or removing curbside recyclables and they do not appear to be a licensed hauler, please contact the Woodbury Public Safety Department at 651-439-9381. If possible, attempt to obtain a description and license plate number of the vehicle involved.
Contact your trash hauler for questions about the program.